Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting Acquainted


I’m Destry. I have so much to love in my life. I love having family all around, creating something new every day, and challenging myself to try new things. Living in rural southeastern Idaho for the past five years has certainly had its charms. A big part of our life has been going to school at BYU-Idaho. I just recently graduated with a BS in Elementary Education. Rather than enter the work force immediately, I opted to stay home with our year old son, Hinder Kale.


Hinder is a ball of fire. From the moment he wakes up in the morning to the time his big, squishy cheeks hit the pillow he’s on a mission. He’s all boy, through and through. He loves balls, throwing, running, kicking, dancing, and eating. His tiny mouth has no problem making his independent will known. Some of his most frequent phrases are “want one”, “no touch it”, “ball”, “book”, and of course, “dada!”



Speaking of “dada!”…Riley is the rock that keeps our family functioning. He’s finishing up his last couple of courses, and he’ll graduate soon with a BS in Biology. He also works full-time at a company here, PCCI, as the training coordinator. He works hard for us. But he plays hard too. Anything extreme…and Riley’s there. Kiting and skiing are the main hobbies that overcome his life when the snow falls.

3 comments:

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Hey Destry! This is Maryanne. Welcome to the blogging world. Great entry to get to know you guys better. Hinder is so smart, talking that much. We need to get them together to help James talk more.

Livi said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog! Hinder is adorable!

Candace said...

Destry! Im so excited that you have a blog! Hinder has grown up so much! What a cutie pie!