Sunday, June 12, 2011

Teton Dam Marathon

Riley ran a half marathon yesterday...with very little training.

We're beaming with pride around these parts.


Here's the back story: (warning: shameless bragging is about to take place. Don't say I didn't warn you!)


Riley had no intention of running in the Teton Dam marathon. Or half marathon. Or fun run. Or anything. I was the sucker who signed up. And I trained and trained for this hideous race up until about 3 weeks ago. That's when Doc M pulled the plug on my running dreams a.k.a. nightmares. (that's a post for another day...)


So I felt pretty guilty about spending a small fortune on this race registration, all for nothing. After listening to me cry about the wasted money and time, Riley did what loving husbands do. He found a way to make me stop crying about it.

First, he ordered a new pair of running shoes

Then, he ran for 4 miles.

A few days later he ran for 10.

And then, so the registration wouldn't be wasted...he ran the half marathon in my place.



And we cheered at the finish line.


And I got a little teary-eyed when I saw him coming down the home stretch.

Did I mention this guy has a bum knee?!


And that my friends, is true love.

2 comments:

Dax and Jen said...

That is so awesome. Go Riley! I'm interested to hear why the doc pulled the plug on your running nightmares. :)

Katy said...

That is DAM awesome. yeah. i had to.