I've been a tired, pregnant mess the past few weeks. Trust me. There is no pregnancy glow about this girl! The only glow goin' on around here is the glow of my sweaty face in the August heat. The second trimester symptoms have taken over, including being ultra scatter-brained. So pardon me if this blog is incoherent.
At about 24 weeks (I think??) along, this is what I resemble:
I feel your pain, Gus Gus. I really do. My wardrobe is shrinking. And that's about the only thing of mine that I can say that about.
And the prego dream thing?! What's up with that? Let me explain. MOST people have weird, vivid dreams while pregnant. My problem is for most of my life I have had weird, vivid dreams. So pregnant dreams for me are so BORING. Like last night I dreamt about canning peaches. No monsters appeared. No car chase scenes. No exciting twists. It's lame.
Enough complaining about that.
Other mentionables:
1. The raccoons are back. We hear the little demons outside out bedroom window at night. They chitter-chatter about how they are going to defecate in the most inconvenient places in the yard and nibble at my garden.
2. Hinder got in a little fight with Riley yesterday. It was hilarious. They were play-wrestling and apparently it went too far. It ended with Hinder running me in tears exclaiming, "Why doesn't daddy like me?!" While stifling a laugh, I asked why H thought daddy didn't like him. He replied, "Because he tackles me and he smells!" Typing about it made me laugh again.
3. Hinder decided potty training would start last Saturday. We reluctantly went along with it, but turns out the little man was serious. Diaper free is the way to be.
4. Except at nights. Then we have diapers. Because this mama don't change sheets everyday...
5. My mother is visiting us in TWO days. I'm dying with excitement. I don't remember the last time I go to hang with my mom and just play. She's one of those women who is always going. She's one of those mamas that does change sheets everyday.
6. I'm turning a year older on Sunday. Mixed feelings....I'm starting to realize why adults don't get excited for their birthdays. More on that later.
7. However, I am VERY excited for birthday cake. How will I decide which cake to have?! The old stand-by Snickers cake? Red velvet? DQ ice cream cake? All three?
8. Now I'm just trying to think of more random thoughts so that my list ends on an neat, tidy 10.
9. My feet are swollen. It's not pretty. Maybe I should get myself a pedicure for my birthday?
10. Told you I was scatter-brained.

3 comments:
Congrats on being pregnant! I of each is great, you'll love it, but sorry you are so miserable! It will be over before you know it!
OH MY GOSH the hinder comment made my day. His dad does smell pretty ripe sometimes. Haha!! I'm sorry you're so miserable:( If I were there I would so give you a pedicure with a nice long foot rub! Happy Birthday today!
i know your bday is gone and passed, but let's celebrate it AGAIN with more cake.... it only seems right!
Post a Comment