Friday, February 3, 2012

Six Sisters

My missionary sister is coming home soon. I couldn't be more excited. Missing her for the past 18 months has helped me realize how lucky I am to have sisters.



The youngest is Dakota.


She's sassy and way too smart. Even though she's only eight, she converses and thinks like a 16 year old. When it comes to being an auntie to my kids, she's top drawer. She's Fancy Nancy, Harriet the Spy, and Ramona Quimby rolled into one, adorable package. She's the youngest by a long-shot, but it just wouldn't be the same without her.



Then there's Dalyn.


And the best-hair award goes to....

Seriously, it's gorgeous hair. Red and full and curly. I feel like Dalyn and I are two peas in a Type-A pod. She's organized and goal-oriented and way mature for her age. I used to babysit her when she was a chubby baby. She was sensitive as a toddler and still is. It's a lovely trait.

Davis is next. Davi for short.


Except that at 6 feet tall, she's anything but short. She's the gorgeous blonde of the bunch. She's funny and chill and sometimes moody. Way cooler than I ever was as a teenager. Super athletic volleyball and basketball player. Davi reminds me of an exclamation point. She's full of life and energy.

Devon is right smack in the middle of 9 kids.


She and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum, personality-wise. It makes her a perfect friend, because she's non-judgemental and a terrific listener. Artistic, wise-beyond-her-years, and shy describe her. A gentle giant. She has put me in my place a time or two, and gotten me out of sticky situations. She's the most content and easy-going individual I have ever met. It's awesome.

And my long-lost sister, D'laney.


She's the one coming home in just 8 days! D'laney keeps me sane. We grew up just 18 months apart, and this girl knows me. It's nice to have someone who gets you. She's got the best smile, tries new things without fear, and can roll her eyes better than anyone I know. her talents are many: floral designer, cosmetologist, world traveler, missionary, Bulgarian speaker, organizer-extraordinaire.

I grew up the oldest of six Killian girls.I'm the luckiest.

3 comments:

Kiya said...

That was too fun to read I wish there were more of you! I do miss D'laney's smile!

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

Look at all those beautiful girls!! Sisters are the best!

krick said...

Seriously, yay for sisters! I don't even know who I'd be without mine (I was the Dakota of our family).