We just returned from an eventful weekend with the Hurst family. The Lamar Hurst family had the annual family reunion at Willard Bay, and for the first time in six years of marriage we got our act together and made it to the festivities.
In fact, we had such a great time visiting and catching up with everyone, I neglected to take many pictures of the family.
But I did capture a few fun moments by the lake. This massive inflated trampoline/blob was a big hit with the boys. Vyla and I were confined to the shore, but we still had plenty of laughs watching everyone bounce around on that thing.
Hinder is the little head in the water in the picture below. Pretty brave little kid to swim all the way to that toy by himself.
After the reunion, we snuck over the the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point.
We loved every minute. This type of things is right up our alley. The museum did not disappoint. Hinder was giddy with exceitment the entire time, and frankly, so were we.
Miss V even seemed to enjoy herself.
The variety of fossils was outstanding. Every type of dinosaur and prehistoric animal we have read about was there to see. They had two enormous sauropods that were a major highlight. Hinder loved this massive Utahraptor and was sure to point out the retractable hind claw. Maybe we have a future paleontologist on our hands?
My favorite display was this mammoth.
Notice the cave people trying to take him down?
Amazing.
Amazing.



1 comment:
Woah, that giant floaty slide jumpy thing is awesome. I'd never leave... they couldn't make me.
Cool dinos, I love that place (and I'm not even an avid follower of that era!) I'm especially jealous of the fact that Riley will let you take so many pics of him with the kids... I have to force, bribe, cajole, threaten T to do that for me (for ONE photo). Count those blessings :) ps. YOU need to be in front of the camera more often than behind it! (but i get it... there would be NO pics if that were the case in our home)
Post a Comment