Our final 4th of July in Rexburg was pretty spectacular. I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The weather is always the wild card in eastern Idaho, but it was beautiful the entire time.
The festivities started out at the local parade. We crossed our finger and toes that display would be better than last years pathetic debacle. We were pleasantly surprised.
Our ward even represented with a little float. Rexburg 8th Ward is where it's at!
The bulk of the day was spent with some of our favorites hanging in our backyard. Lots of splashing, trampoline jumping, water balloon throwing, game playing, laughing, talking, relaxing, and eating.
Preston, Meghan and their new little one, Grant, were visiting from Washington.
We've certainly missed having them around.
Watching them interact was precious.
No party is complete without the Wilsons.
Ugh...how are we going to move away from this family?!
I think Riley and I are going to go into serious Wilson with drawls in a few short weeks.
Father and son.
Matchy matchy
Ultimate croquet
(how's that for an oxymoron?)
Pre-fireworks playtime with Hinder and Ava.
Box of sparklers= $.88
Content kids for an entire hour= Priceless
Riley and I ended the day talking about how grateful we are for this perfect day, wonderful friends, our quaint patriotic town, and our free country.
And I think that's the point of the holiday, right? To feel gratitude?
We really do have so much to be thankful for.
1 comment:
This year's Fourth was perfect!! I'm sure we'll be talking about how much fun it was for years to come. Thanks for planning all of this and letting us tag along (as always) and an even bigger thanks for putting your slip n' slide through the paper shredder for me. Oh wait, you didn't? Well, get on that! No one likes a sabotaging slip n slide. :)
ps. thanks for posting these photos.... I am surely going to have to steal them from you since I lamely didn't take any pics at all that day!
I'm already starting to become a hermit who has to turn to food and hoarding to cope with your absence... don't leave me!!!!!
Post a Comment