Two or three days ago I returned from my first Killian sister vacation. We had been planning this Hawaiian excursion for some time...like, a year. It was SO. WORTH. IT. Not only should every group of sisters do something like this, I think every mom should have a kids-free-husband-free vacation every few years. Being away just made me miss them and love them much, much more.
My vacation started on a Monday, when Devon, D'laney and I drove from Rexburg to Ritzville. Doesn't sound like much fun, but it was bliss. Nice, long car ride...free to read or sleep or do what I pleased...no one touching or whining to me. Ahhh...
The following day all five of us packed up, had an impromptu photo shoot in the tie-dye shirts the younger sisters made, and hit the road to Seattle where our flight to paradise was waiting.
(I'm not sure if Dakota has forgiven us yet for going without her)
We got to Oahu super late that night. The adventures didn't start until the next day.
I love the part of visiting a new place when you just set out on the city and see what you can see. That's exactly what we did our first day. On our gaunt to find Waikiki, we walked by rows and row of high end designer shops. I loved that. Believe it or not, we don't have a Gucci or Louis Vuitton in southeastern Idaho.
Everything in the island is gorgeous. I've been to a different island once before, but I was still amazed at how unique and lovely Oahu was. Even the decorative flowers and rocks along the streets are beautiful.
And then we found the famous Waikiki. It was grand.
People everywhere. We could have been in any number of foreign countries based on the scads of different languages we heard.
After settling in, the relaxing began.
Dalyn whipped out her D-90 to capture the moments.
Dalyn whipped out her D-90 to capture the moments.
When the beginnings of our first sunburns were beginning to show, we kept exploring and stumbled on this massive tree. Looked like something our of Avatar or Fern Gully.
The zoo was right by the beach, and we always enjoy staring at a few wild animals, so we went for it.
After lunch (the best spaghetti I've EVER had), it was back to the beach. I've never had so many naps before this trip.
*** Riding the bus to the movie theater and watching Dark Knight. Missing the bus back to the hotel and walking through Ala Moana park***
*** Watching the girls in disgust after they chose the Asian buffet for breakfast. Apparently, there aren't breakfast foods in Asia. Tofu, bean curds, and corn were on the menu at 9 a.m.***
*** Getting in the salty ocean. It amazes me how #1. salty it really is #2. Warm it can feel.***





2 comments:
Hooray for sister vacations!! I'm so glad you got to take a break, and in Hawaii no less!
You guys are so much fun. When I first heard you were going on the sister trip to Hawaii my first thought was, "...who said they can do that?" haha silly I know. I love your zest for life and am always eager to hear about your adventures!
Post a Comment