Monday, March 11, 2013

Mr. Whiskers

Today Hinder found his first pet. He went outside to explore a little. A few minutes later he excitedly rushed in to tell us he found a real starfish on a rock outside the backdoor, and that he even felt it to make sure it was squishy. The little thing memorized him. He talked about it constantly for the remainder of the day. He asked 84,300,000 questions about it.
"How did he survive the winter?"
"Is he scared when he's alone?"
"Will he live in my special box?"
"Can I keep him forever?"
 
On our trip to Walmart, he decided on a name. "Mr. Whiskers". Every unsuspecting shopper we passed got an earful all about our little marine friend. When we passed the giant tub of cheese balls (anyone who has entered a Walmart knows what I'm referring to), we HAD to get it because Mr. Whiskers LOVES to eat cheese balls. It took twice as long to check out because H took the checker's politeness as an invitation to hear Mr. Whiskers entire life story.
The absolutely minute we walked back in the door, he made sure all was well and helped Mr. W to his first cheese ball. Shortly after, he decided that starfish must not eat cheese balls after all.
Basically, he's completely and utterly in love with this pet.
 
 
The funny thing is, Mr. Whiskers is, in fact, an old dirty window-cling.
 And I just don't have the heart to break it to him. Ever.

4 comments:

Mallory said...

I think I just died. I love the way you wrote this, and I think my heart dropped to the ground when I saw that little star window-cling. H is the cuuuutest little man ever. LOVE this.

Tina Braegger said...

Hahaha! He is so cute!!

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

Ha ha ha I just wanted you to know that I just got a good jiggly belly laugh out of this. I think the baby is laughing too. So funny!

krick said...

Awesome! You need to write a book.