Christmas with the Hurst's is always an over-the-top, festive and funny experience. 2013 did not disappoint. All three of Riley's sisters, along with husbands and kids, were there together. As you can imagine, we were swimming in wrapping paper, gift bags, and bows on Christmas morning. So much fun!
Here's the photo dump of Christmas Eve/Christmas:
Three kiddos on Christmas morning, waiting in the bedroom to get the green light to go to the tree. They were so excited! Being a parent on Christmas is one of my favorite things ever.
The Christmas tree on Christmas morning.
Look what Santa brought! Two dragons, just like he asked (and asked and asked and asked) for!
A stuffed alligator
At one point on Christmas morning, Hinder exclaimed "Every present is exactly what I wanted!"
Parenting payday!
Aunt Mal and Uncle Don Christmas morning
Grandma Lorie with Bearett
Grandma Lorie's pull-aparts. This is Christmas to my sweet husband. I think he ate one entire pan himself.
Ray gifted Lorie with a professional house and carpet cleaning. After having 17 people stuffed into their house (stomach flu and all) it was a VERY thoughtful gift.
I think Sidnee might have given Ray the idea. ;)
Ledger got his very own minki blanket from Riley's Aunt Shellie. She's a quilting legend.
Sidnee made Hinder a dinosaur sweatshirt. Isn't the the most creative, cute thing you've ever seen!?
He wears it daily.
Thanks Mal and Don for the submaplane!
The twins and Ledger hanging out Christmas morning
Sweet V was as content as can be with every gift. Thanks Mal and Don for the dr. set.
Of course, no Hurst gathering would be complete without a photoshoot of some sort.
Here are the sibs together: Sidnee, Ainslee, Riley, and Mallory.
The whole gang
The 8 grandkids with Grandpa Ray and Grandma Lorie.
And then this happened... a childhood photo remake.
But guess what else?!
Our dearest friends from Rexburg drove all the way to Boise to see us while we were there. It was SO SO SO good to hang with them again. Friends like them are one in a million. In the few short hours together, we picked up right where we left off and had so many laughs, with never a dull moment.
They brought their darling kids too.
I'm so grateful we saw our Idaho family and spent Christmas with those we love. One of my favorite things is seeing my kids play with their cousins! That was such a big part of my upbringing. I treasure it, and I want my kids to have the same relationships that I do with my cousins.








No comments:
Post a Comment