Easter was lovely this year. We had a group of Hinder's friends from primary come over to have brunch, dye eggs, and have an egg hunt in the yard. Ages ranged from nine to six months. It was a lot of crazy, egg and candy filled fun.
The nice thing about doing our egg hunt early was we were able to keep the focus on Christ on Easter Sunday. Our morning at church was wonderful and the kids dressed in their new outfits. I love these little people. I never want to forget how they are together, at this stage. I propped them all up on the couch and got ready to take a picture when Hinder wrapped his arms around them both and said, "come get real close to me, guys." :) Such a good older brother.
We enjoyed Easter dinner with the Sister missionaries and a couple from the ward. I cooked my first lamb in an attempt to be more traditional, and it turned out alright, but I'll probably never attempt lamb again. It wasn't my favorite. At the end of the evening we attempted the cliff walk, but we just about froze to death.
I'm grateful for a day set aside to ponder, contemplate, and celebrate the Savior's victory over the grave. It truly was the most remarkable and important event in human history, and all hope and joy in this life comes because of His life and Atonement. That knowledge sustains and directs me.
Happy Easter!





1 comment:
"Come and get closer to me guys"!!!! I love that kid.
Post a Comment