Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Miller, South Dakota

 Miller, South Dakota is a tiny little speck on the map for most, but for us it was a serious highlight of our road trip! My sister, Dlaney, and her husband and new baby live there! It was so perfect visiting them and hanging out for 4-5 days. It was SO nice of them to open their home and allow us some much needed downtime. The situation was so perfect, since their house was an old hunting lodge with lots of extra bedrooms and bathrooms.
South Dakota is beautiful in a flat, flat, open way. I really loved it. One morning, I went for my run and TOTALLY misjudged the distance. It was much farther than I thought. It's hard to tell without any landmarks or hills. But gorgeous nonetheless.
 I had no seen Dlaney and Judd for about 18 months! We had serious catching up to do. And finally meeting Miss Kherington was awesome. These cousins are just a couple days apart and so cute together. Chubbies!! At the time we visited, they were both about 8 months, so there was plenty of face grabbing, scooting, and toy stealing going on.
 Riley was super stoked for some back-country entertainment...that means shooting guns. Judd has a nice collection, and R was eager to show off.
 Hinder's favorite part was honing his skills on the trampoline. He got me to take a few "flying" pictures for him.


 Our days were spent at the park, going on bike rides, barbeque, and exploring the quirky stores in Miller. And of course, lots of chatting and giggling with my sis. Sisters are the best!

Although, I am so grateful we were able to see them on our way through South Dakota, it's super sad we live so far apart! Can't wait to visit them again on our way back to Maine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved your stay with us!! So fun! Can wait to see you in a few weeks!!