Saturday, January 10, 2015

Vyla Turns 3 and Thanksgiving

Vyla turned 3 on Thanksgiving day this year. What a cheeseball! 
 We celebrated the day before to make sure she had a special day. I'm so glad we did! She talked for weeks about the rainbow themed party she wanted. This was her first 'friends' party. We were so grateful to the friends who braved the snow storm to come party with us. I'm also grateful for pinterest for having a million ideas for Rainbow themed parties. ( I swear, the creative lobe of my brain has shriveled up to the size of a raisin since the invention of the Internet)  
 She was so excited about her cake. Maybe even more than her presents. I caught her stared lovingly at it multiple times! She definitely has a sweet-tooth like her mama
 Showing off her birthday spoils. Lots of new clothes this year! Vyla has sprouted like a weed and all the sudden she was in serious need of a wardrobe refresh. Thanks grandmas for coming to the rescue! 
 Her big gift was a bike. Or "bye-ch" as she would say. Nothing can stop her now! 
 She had a VERY happy birthday, and we just adore our Vyla! 
It turned out to be a very good thing that we got the party done on Wednesday.  About 15 minutes after putting a Thanksgiving pumpkin roll and cheesecake into the oven, we lost power and heat throughout our house. After rummaging to find a few candles and hand warmers, we bundled up in our warmest pajamas and put the kids to bed. We attempted to add some heat with a fire, and although it was seriously cozy and picturesque, we ended up with a smoky smell and not much heat.  The house was freezing and got down to 35 degrees. When the power came back on at 9 a.m. Thanksgiving  morning, we certainly had a lot to be grateful for! 

 



 We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving feast at our good friends, Tyler and Ashley Scott. They were supreme hosts, and I had such a great time I neglected dot take a single picture. Ashley and I hit up the local Black Friday sales that night at midnight. We scored some great deals for the kiddos. It was a blast! 


No comments: