Thursday, February 25, 2016

Christmas is Coming!

 Is there anything better than the days leading up to Christmas, all thejoyful anticipation, projects, and planning?! It's my favorite! And it was so fun to have three kids who fully anticipated the fun with me!
After we decorated our tree, Ledger loved to hang out playing his cars and trucks right by it. I love walking in on this quintessential childhood moments.
 This year, instead of my usual over-abundant baking, I tried to rein it in a little and attempted my good friend Marvel's black licorise caramels and Lorie's popcorn wreaths. And maybe a few cookies. I'm sure there was a cake involved too. And, oh yeah, that batch of gingerbread men. I'm aware I have a problem....
 We got a few snow dustings, enough to sled and play in. The week of Christmas we got a lot more, enough to have a day playing in the snow building a jump. It was the BEST December we've had in a long time. Just the perfect amount of snow to suit me.
 We attended the local tree lighting with cousins and had a blast. Some things are just so sweet and special in a small town. Our little nuggets, sipping hot cocoa on the steps of the Carnegie Library.
 And Christmas preperations would not be complete without a few crafts. Wooden stars for mom, sparkley painted snowfalkes for the kids, and a gingerbread village for the whole family!

No comments: