I'm still recovering from the birthday celebration we had last night for my big bro, Dustin! The party was just as cool as he is.
I think the best way to express his "coolness" is through an acrostic poem.
(thank you first grade, Houghton Mifflin basal readers for reminding me of this fine poetry style)
Picture this: dim lights, bongo drums, and me perched atop a bar stool in the middle of a slightly risen stage......
DUSTIN
D is for Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series. Brother, I can't believe you didn't cry when he bit the dust.
U is for uncle. Hinder couldn't have hand-picked a better one.
S is for SET, like the game. The ONLY game in which I can beat you.
T is for tough. I think I still have the permanent bruise on my arm from your "hello" punches in high school.
I is for iodine because you are my personal phleobotomist. Never an infiltration in this arm.
N is for never-nudes. Tobias. Good luck getting that final image out of your head.
But really, Dustin. You're pretty awesome.
1 comment:
BAHAHAHAHAH!!! FULL BELLY LAUGHTER!!!!!
love it, i miss the days where these poems could cut it when you were the Youth Speaker in Sacrament Meeting!
Duffin is pretty RAD.
R is for Real. As in "Real Cool"
A is for Attitude. As in "Hey, check your 'tude at the door, man"
D is for Dessert. As in "please don't make us your Buddist's Surprise Dessert ever again"
hahaha.. i'm still cracking up over Tobias... wiping single tear from cheek... woooooo
Post a Comment