Monday, May 10, 2010

Mr. Hinder Kale

Hinder, Hinder, Hinder....

If I don't document the mannerisms of my energetic, rambunctious sixteen-month old, I'll be sad later. So here it goes...
He's very curious and inquisitive. No cupboard, drawer, bag, or bottle is safe with him in the house. He loves to discover things. Usually tiny things, like pills, dice, army men. There's no words to describe how much I LOVE stepping on the ever-present bobbles and bits that litter my floor.
But it's cute to see him stuffing pennies, rocks, or game pieces into his pockets for 'later'.
This picture makes me so proud. Rockin' out. Eyes closed. Groovin' to the music.
But in all seriousness, H loves music. And dancing. He asks for it daily.
And he loves anything that includes movement, running, kicking, climbing, jumping. I'm tired at the end of every day from all the constant movement.
Recently, his favorite is kicking and dribbling. Basketball is a new obsession at our house. He asks to "shoo-oops" (shoot hoops) and notices every basketball hoop on any house we pass.
Just call me, Dapper Dan!

Talking is another one of his favorite pastimes. And he does it constantly. Mostly, it's cute and funny. Other times (like during sacrament meeting or for eight hours straight in the car...) it's less than cute.
He forms words well and has no problem making himself heard. It's cool to see him learn new concepts and associate words. His vocabulary is decent-sized, but my favorite phrases and new words he's using are:
"bellypocket" -belly button
"backy go"- back and forth
"thank you"
"peez"- please
" I baket"- I broke it
"I wanna do it"
"tickle"
"Why I yadda" -Why I otta!
"bacoom"- vacuum
"happy birday" -happy birthday

He's silly and loves to make people laugh. A total ham. He loves the water, bath time and swimming. Blankie and ba-ba are a must for sleeping and cuddling. He likes to stack, fill, empty, or organize his toys.
He hates getting dressed. I don't know what it is about dressing...it's a fight every morning?! Such a boy! You'd think after repeating this painful process EVERY morning he would realize that he's never going to win on the running-around-naked-all-day issue.
Some of our little nuggets vices...he's easily frustrated and highly competitive. Tantrums are daily, as well as stubborn episodes of independence.

Needless to say, we adore our little butter bean. After all the messes and mayhem, as long as we get to "rock a bye" at night and I hear "I wud do" (I love you) at least once during the day, I'm good.

No comments: