Too many adventures and highlights of our fabulous trip to write it all out. So instead, I'll use the alphabet to summarize our journey.
A is for Adventure Zone, where we spent almost every evening running, playing, and gaming!
B is for Battle of Little Big Horn. What a tragedy?!
F is for Family. After 50-60 hours in the car together, I realize how lucky I am to have such easy-going sisters and little bro.
G is for Generations. Four generations in this picture.
I is for Iowa, the only state we drove through twice.
J is for Joseph Smith. Seeing his home, grave, and beloved town was inspiring.
K is for Killians. Uniting with the extended fam was the major reason for the trip.
L is for Learning Center. There was something for all ages here. Hinder LOVED the pioneer blocks and play dishes.
N is for No service. I did not realize upon leaving Riley that we were be cut-off from one another almost entirely. But that's okay, because it made our reunion that much sweeter.
O is for Old Nauvoo wagon tour.
O is for Old Nauvoo wagon tour.
Q is for Quilt. My aunt Krista crafted an amazing genealogy quilt for my grandparents 50th anniversary. Can you spot Hinder's tiny hand on the bottom right?
S is for the Sillies. And oh boy, did we have the sillies! After so many hours, its hard not to get a little cabin fever.
T is for Temple. Entering the beautiful and historic Nauvoo temple was by far the BEST part of the entire trip. Our family was privileged to climb all the way to the top of the dome!
V is for Van. That rental van was home to all nine of us for those ten days. Thanks daddy-o for making the trip so comfy and accommodating!
W is for Water Park. Indoor water parks are my new favorite thing.

X is for eXtra stops. Imagine stopping every 90 minutes...with hundreds of miles to go...day after day after day... (I just like to give my dad a hard time about it)
Y is for yaking. I would be pegged as the annoying, chatting sister on the trip....My favorite game (when things were getting boring) was to find someone who was almost asleep and then tap them to ask a totally asinine question. I know, I'm awful.
Z is for Zion.
I'm so grateful for the pioneers who left their beautiful city to search for a place that would allow the gospel to prosper and grow.



1 comment:
HAHAHA!!! I just saw this post... we ARE thinking the same! (however, i just want to say for the record... i didn't copy you! I've been working on mine for the last few months since I hate blogging about every menial thing!!)
Your trip looks like it was awesome, love the pic of you Grabbing the "Bull" by it's horns... or oxen... still tough and cool all the same!
Post a Comment