For Christmas this year, rather than give a wrapped gift, my parents did something particularly special for us married kiddos. It just shows that they really are in tune with what young parents need.
Time. Alone. Without the wee babes.
It was a blissful surprise. The Monday after Christmas, the 3 married couples and Mom and Dad Killian traveled to Spokane for an ultimate date night.
We stayed at the exquisite Davenport Tower...
Toured the historic Davenport Hotel...
So fancy.
I'm not used to fancy.
In fact, here is a picture of my older brother, embarrassed of me because I said something uncouth during dinner. Something like "poo' or "barf".
Then our dinner came. And I died from happiness. And I had to be resuscitated.
It was so beautiful! Almost a crime to eat these masterpieces.
This pan-seared duck with fig sauce was mine, all mine.
Definitely the most rich and decadent thing I've ever eaten.
1. IHOP! Biscuits and gravy galore.
2. Temple session. I'd actually never done a session in the Spokane Temple. Very cool!
3. Surprise! My sweet Grammy and Papa came to see us at the temple and joined for lunch afterward.
Isn't she beautiful?!
Big thanks to my sisters for watching Hinder! Nothing like the peice of mind that comes from knowing your kid is in completely capable hands.
And HUGE thanks, mom and dad! You're always so generous and thoughtful!
1 comment:
So fun! Totally jealous you got to hang out with my mama and sister... =)
Post a Comment