Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jump!

The sibs came to visit again. We just LOVE when this happens.
First things first, bridge jumping. It's a must-do in the summertime around these parts. Our jumping excursions usually go something like this...

We arrive at the spot. Everyone looks anxiously over the edge. It seems like a really long ways down.

The rational people make up their minds that they are perfectly happy staying dry and snuggly in their warm towels.
Devon was one of those people.

The less-rational (like dear Mr. Hurst) just hurl their bodies over the edge. Over and over again.


Sometimes head first.


And then there is always that last person who wants to go but it takes a little prompting. This time it was Dallas. And it took, like, hours of chanting "Dallas, Dallas, Dallas..."

But he did it!


And I think the frigid water made him regret it. Look at that face. Not the face of fun, if you ask me!


Thankfully, Hinder was perfectly content sitting on the sidelines (for today) stuffing his face with Cheezits. That's my boy!


As for me, not this year. I have plenty of excuses going for me. Like I'm pregnant, or I'm too old, or not a strong enough swimmer. Or just plain too scared.

Maybe next year.

Maybe not.

No comments: