Friday, July 29, 2011

Yellowstone with the Hursts

This past week we spent with Riley's family celebrating Mom Hurst's 50th birthday. We had loads of fun. Riley painted this three-panel painting of Red Fish Lake (the childhood reunion destination) for his mom. It blows my mind everytime I look at it. Gorgeous.



We stayed in a really lovely cabin out in the middle-of-no-where-Island-Park-Idaho. We spotted this moose just a few hundred yards away while the boys were bridge jumping.


Among the other activities, we spent one full day (starting at 4:30 a.m. Wow!) in Yellowstone Park. I've been there many times, but it is just so beautiful. I never get tired of looking out the window when I'm there.

Old Faithful is still doing her job. Hinder LOVED this part.


Mom and Dad Hurst at the Upper Falls.

A part of the Hardman family at the Lower Falls.


Riley, H, mom, dad, Sid, and Stephen at the falls.



A bison just hanging out by the men's restroom.


A few geological wonders.




We saw plenty of wildlife. Bison...


Elk....everywhere


Smelly, sulfury formations




More elk...



More smelly, sulfury formations...


All in all, it was a gorgeous day.



Happy birthday, Lorie Hurst!

Thanks for the fun adventures and great company!

1 comment:

Katy said...

wow, Riley needs to quit the center and take Bob Ross's old job. He's a natural! ps. Taylor believes that, with the combination of trick photography and photoshop, you created the "moose" just to mess with his head. He strongly believes they are mythical creatures... like jackalopes and grimlins. poor, poor boy.