It's been over six weeks since we brought our sweet baby home. Six weeks of burping, nursing, cuddling, rocking, soothing, diapering, and kissing on her squishy cheeks. I can't get enough of the cheeks!
It's no secret that we prefer more unusual and unique names, and we often get the question, "where did that name come from?" when people meet Vy.
So why Vy?
Well, here's the story.
In April 2010, Riley and I took a trip to Denmark as a graduation/anniversary/we-need-time-alone gift to ourselves. It was lovely. Riley served a two-year mission for our church five years previous. Going back and seeing old friends and reliving old memories was precious.
On our 6th or 7th day in the country, we were driving from Copenhagen to the small town of Randers. We crossed this massive bridge that connects the islands, and I looked out of my window to see the most enchanting town across the water. The town was called Vejle.
A beautiful name for a beautiful city.

I remembered that name. And when we found out we were pregnant with a girl, I toyed with the spelling until I found something feminine and pronounceable. We considered several other names, but when she was born with loads of blond hair and bluish eyes, she looked like she belonged in Denmark.
And Vyla just fit.
A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.
3 comments:
I love it! It is original, but it's so cute! And that picture is gorgeous!
aww cute! She is a very beautiful little girl. So glad you are enjoying her! Has it really been 6 weeks!? Crazy...
Cute name! Ken would love to go back to Norway. That's awesome you got to go to Denmark. Enjoy that little one :)
Post a Comment