Monday, April 30, 2012

Six Years and Another Birthday

(Rascal Flatts concert November 2005)
Yesterday was our 6th anniversary AND Riley's 28th birthday. The birthdaversary weekend.  It was wonderful. Long, leisurely dinner with an actual conversation...one that didn't involve talk about finances, preschools, diapers, babies, sleep training or the like. It was wonderful.

This time of year, I naturally start thinking about Riley and I and when we met and started dating. It honestly seems like another lifetime ago. I love that we started our life together so young and we've grown into the people we want to be together. And I can honestly say that I'm more happy today, six years later. Our life is far from perfect, we've had plenty of disputes and disagreements, and I often wonder "how on earth did two people who are SO vastly different in every way end up together?!" But somehow, the differences make each day even better.
Here's to a great 7th year together, starting...NOW!


4 comments:

Dax and Jen said...

Happy anniversary!!

Kiya said...

Fun! You guys are such a cool couple. Happy Anniversary!

Tina Braegger said...

happy Anniversary!! You guys are def one awesome couple!! Good luck with the new adventures heading your way..sooo exciting!! :)

Amber said...

Congrats! So glad you found my blog so that I could find yours! I will miss you when you move. We need to play this summer! :) By the way- you must somehow be related to Natasha Criddle Wells? She and I were roommates at Ricks.