Saturday, September 29, 2012

1001 Days Gone By

Remember that 101 things in 1001 days challenge I've been doing? Well today is the due date.
(Not familiar with this challenge? click here)
I have to admit that I totally didn't meet the challenge and get the whole list checked off. But considering the last 6 months was completely bulldozed by a life-altering move, I'm proud to say I achieved 78 goals. 78/101 ain't half bad.
Look at what I did do!
 
I Experienced...
*Eating authentic Indian food
*Horse drawn sleigh ride through the park
*A Parachute/SafetySuit Concert
*Going to one of my little brother's football games
*Eating in the Idaho Falls temple cafeteria
*Going to a movie theater alone
*Taking Hinder to a real dinosaur museum
 
I Travelled...
*I moved out of Rexburg
*Visited the Cataldo Mission
*Planned and had our first Killian sister's trip
*Visited Potlatch where my grandparents live
*Got a passport
*Put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean
*Went to a new cool zoo or aquarium
*Visited Riley's mission in Denmark
 
I Organized...
*A book of memories for my family
*My parent's upstairs into a theater room
*A recycling center for my home
*My teaching files
*My resume
*A fireproof safe with all our important documents and emergency funds
*A preschool program for an entire year
*A family picture photo shoot with Mallory
 
I Created...
*A new email account
*A blog
*A garden
*My own bottled fruit and vegetables
*An oil painting on canvas
*A Proclamation to the Family book for both sets of parents
*Homemade Valentine's Day cards
*Homemade gifts for my nieces and nephews
*A quiet book for my kids
 
I Served...
*Gave Riley a one hour back massage
*Reconnected with an old friend
*Volunteered my time with a volleyball team
*Helped each of my sisters in a meaningful way
 
 
And I Grew...
*Trained for and ran a 10k race
*Read 50 new books
*Abstain from TV for at least a month
*Memorize the Proclamation to the Family
*Workout 6 days a week for 3 months consecutive
*Graduate with my bachelor's degree
********************************************************************
My final stats are:
78 goals accomplished
6 goals in progress
5 goals attempted but failed
12 goals not attempted
 
Even though I didn't end up with a perfectly accomplished list, I loved this challenge. It kept me working towards goals in so many different facets of my life. I've felt growth and progress.
 Starting October 1, I'll be starting a new 1001 day challenge and this time my mom is joining me!

2 comments:

The Lamoreaux Family said...

It is so good to hear that you guys are doing well and are getting settled. We sure miss you but I am so glad that you are getting to have this wonderful, exciting adventure!! You are still an inspiration to me!

Mallory said...

Des, you are so amazing! I love this post. You inspire me to be a better person!! I'd love to do this with you next time, too. Or on my own. Either way, WAY to go, seriously..... such a proud SIL.<3 you