Monday, October 8, 2012

October Weekend

 We really live for the weekends now. It's the days we get out at as family. And the days I get to spend with my love, so of course, they're my favorite days.
The rain gave us a break on Friday. Riley had the entire day off for a UNE inservice so we drove to Scarborough to check out the beach there.
Vyla picked up right where she left off. Digging in the sand. This time she was a lot more adventurous. Instead of only exploring with her fingers and toes, she used her arms, legs, lips, ears, head, etc. There was sand in every possible place.
Gorgeous beach during low tide. It was fun to find huge oyster and crab shells.
 
 The wind was just enough to keep a kite in the air. Hinder figured out how to navigate the kite himself. Before long, he was purposely making the kite dive to the ground just so he could save it from crashing in the nick of time.
The tide came in and we hoped in the car to take a drive through Cape Elizabeth. The scenery was truly glorious. The leaves are changing, but not completely at their peak. The landscape is dotted with quaint farms and pumpkin patches.
This house is my new dream.
 We stumbled on a lighthouse. Hinder and I got out to explore the rocky shoreline.
 Saturday and Sunday were monopolized by listening and watching General Conference.
In between sessions, the kids needed some fresh air. Adjacent to Riley's school is Evergreen Cemetery, with duck and turtle ponds, many trees, and acres of grave markers in all shapes and sizes.
 These guys enjoyed the wildlife while I explored the tombstones. I've never been in such an old cemetery before. Riley and I both remarked on how beautiful and serene it was there, but also how spooky it felt. Hundreds and hundreds of people buried all around us. I'm glad the kids had no idea.

1 comment:

The Lamoreaux Family said...

I love it! It all looks like a dream! As a side note...I've heard that baby powder works wonders at taking off sand. Just apply and rub.