In mid August, my entire family (sans D'laney) got together for a weekend. This is our annual tradition. My parents rent a cabin, usually in a remote, central location, and we kick it together for a few days. This is my favorite week of the year.
I loved this cabin! It was old school, but spacious and functioned perfect for a family our size. The kids had a blast and there was plenty for us to do.
We're big on competition, and this reunion was no different.
We had a major Minute-to-Win It challenge. We divided in teams of three and did the most ridiculus challenges. Like trying to play pool with your eyes closed and only using your elbow...
Loop three pony beads onto a pipe cleaner without using your hands...
Catch Cheetos on a shower cap covered in whipped cream...
Blow a pyramid of cups off of the table...
This proved to be more challenging for my daddio than he expected!
And balance a tower of dice on a suspended pencil. Lara rocked this one!
Cookies anyone?! One of my favorite parts of the week was having this giant cookie decorating competition. I made giant sugar cookie men, we divided into groups, and secretly drew the name of a family member from the pot. The idea was the decorate your cookie like the family member, then my dad acted as judge to determine who he thought the cookie looked like. I think there was a four way tie with everyone...except Riley and I. I didn't even take a picture of our cookie because it was SO pathetic looking next to all these masterpieces. I guess the creative genes skipped over me!
Devon, Davi, and Dallas made this cookie. It's supposed to be Riley. Covered in blond hair and beard, shades, and roller blades. So perfect.
My parents made this Natalie cookie with hairdresser shears and a little Archer.
Dustin and Natalie made Devon. If you know Devon, you know that her hair is in a pony tail 90% of the time and she's into make movies (hence the 'action' sign).
Drew and Lara made this awesome version of my dad. No explanation necessary.
The bulk of our competition revolved around the make-shift volleyball court we constructed in the backyard. We had pickup games, a 3 on 3 tourney, AND a 2 on 2 tournament. And let me tell ya, it was serious!
Drew and I were on a doubles team and did pretty well! We had a good thing going for a while until we were knocked out by, you'll never believe it...Riley and Dakota! They ended up taking the tournament! It was A. BLAST!
The only downer: Dalyn spraining her ankle horribly. Poor girl was only a week or two away from starting her high school season and had to sit out the first two weeks. And volleyball is totally her thing. Makes me heartsick just thinking about it.
How awesome that we can all get together, with all our different personalities, likes, dislikes, etc. and have little competitions without every having a fight, blowup, or awkward contention.
I love these people!


.jpg)




2 comments:
I want to know who planned all these awesome events?! Yoru family is SO fun. I can't express that enough. I love the cookie competition idea!
How fun!
Post a Comment