Halloween happened at our house. It was a whirlwind holiday. Literally. With all the Hurricane Sandy hype in our area, I didn't get our act together as far as costumes went until minutes before the big event. Good thing the kids are cute so it didn't matter that much.
Hinder wanted to be a zombie at the last minute, but Nana already got him this adorable construction worker costume, so we combined the two ideas. He's a construction zombie. Or zombstruction guy. Or whatever.
Vyla was content to be the ladybug. She didn't even fight about wearing the hood. Tender Mercies.
I think one of my favorite things in life is a chubby baby in striped tights. It's just so cute!
Riley and I were Little Orphan Annie and Daddy Warbucks. We didn't get a good picture of our costumes. Somehow that slipped my mind as I was rushing about the house searching for a toy hammer for Hinder while simultaneously hot gluing the rest of my orphan dress.
We trick-or-treated down our street. It was so convenient and our neighbors were very generous. Hinder was independent enough that we could just stroll behind, occasionally reminding him of the words "thank you" and swiping the peanut butter cups from his candy bag. It was pretty perfect.
November in Portland is all about leaf removal. I've never seen/raked/stepped on so many leaves. Leaf-raking has officially turned from Fun Fall Activity to Weekly Household Chore.
At least Hinder still thinks it's fun.
A little random tidbit- Hinder is improving everyday with his writing. Here is his almost-4-year-old handwriting.
Notice the backwards 'e' and extra long "stick" on the little d?


No comments:
Post a Comment