Sunday, January 13, 2013

2012 Recap

 2012 was a whirlwind year. 
I dare say, the biggest year we've had in our marriage. Where did the time go? 
We had no idea on January 1, 2012 what ALL would happen in a mere 365 days. I think it was better that way, because looking back, I don't know how we fit it all in and still kept our sanity.
Here's the recap...

January
We had a sweet little newborn. Life moved pretty slowly adjusting to Baby Sis. Hinder started gymnastics and we had a few fun visitors come to spice things up. And I lost my wedding ring on that fateful Sunday...




February
D'laney comes home from her 18-month LDS mission in Bulgaria.  

March
Vyla Leigh has her special blessing day! 
My wedding ring is miraculously found that very day. 

 April
This is the month that things start to spiral towards crazy. Dlaney, Dalyn, Davi and Dallas all come to spend a week playing with us at the beginning of the month. Riley leaves for most of the month to interview at schools in Virginia and Maine, while I man a yard sale to clean out a huge chunk of our belongings.  
We spend Easter in Boise with Grandma Lorie and Grandpa Ray.

 May
May 1st we find out that Riley was accepted into University of New England and we're moving across the country to Portland, Maine. 
Hinder finishes up his gymnastics course and starts his preschool at BYU-I. 
June
The month started off with a quick trip to see Davi graduate, lots of packing and planning for a giant move, more yard sales, and the Hurst reunion at Willard Bay, Utah. And a major highlight for Hinder- the Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum. 
 July
Best 4th of July ever with our favorite people. We miss them terribly. Lots of jumping on the tramp, playing outside, and making memories with loved ones before we have to say goodbye. End the month with the first Killian Sister Trip to Oahu!

 August
The most relaxing and fun family reunion in Missoula with the G Killian fam, and Mallory and Don's wedding weekend. In between, every waking moment is spent packing, cleaning, playing with the Wilsons, Killians, and Mounts. Riley and I say goodbye on the 20th when he and Ray drive cross country to Portland in just 3 days. 

 September
The kids and I spend a blessed three weeks in Washington with Nana and Papa while we wait for the green light to join Riley. 
We arrive on the 11th and the exploring/adjusting begins. 

October
Riley's fully into the swing of school and I start a part-time teaching job. New England was at it's prime this month, and each day we enjoyed what Portland had to offer.
 November
Vyla turns ONE! We celebrate Thanksgiving. 
Riley is MIA while studying becomes his new addiction and the UNE library his new home. 
 December 
UNE finals, missing D'laney and Judd's wedding in Rexburg, Christmas and all the festivities. Hinder turns 4!

 New Years Eve
On the final day of this year, we lit a new sparklers, gave each other a smooch and crashed in bed a few minutes later. We were exhausted!
And looking back on the year we just had, I don't blame us!

No comments: