It seems like the the trend here in Portland is beautiful weeks and rainy weekends. So when we woke up Saturday to a gorgeous day, no rain clouds in sight, we jumped on the chance to head to a beach!
We didn't have a specific destination in mind, we just headed towards the Crescent Beach area. As we got closer to the shore, we pulled in to a little cove that was perfect! A serious hidden gem. There were just a few patrons, the beach was enclosed but large enough to run, shallow, and encompassed by a trees and brush with a walking path. It was paradise for the kiddos.
We didn't have a specific destination in mind, we just headed towards the Crescent Beach area. As we got closer to the shore, we pulled in to a little cove that was perfect! A serious hidden gem. There were just a few patrons, the beach was enclosed but large enough to run, shallow, and encompassed by a trees and brush with a walking path. It was paradise for the kiddos.
After a few hours of sunning, we checked out the Fort Williams festival and enjoyed the music and people watching. I taught Hinder how to make a clover necklace even though I haven't attempted one since I was a girl. He preferred it become a crown. And after the thirty minutes it took to construct, it lasted 15 seconds. Just like I remember from my childhood. :)
We ended the day with a backyard barbecue. The hammock made a welcome appearance. I think we have this same hammock photo from every summer of our marriage. I wonder how many children will be piled on this hammock in 10 years?
After a busy day, this diva demanded a sink bath. After the bath, the kitchen needed a cleaning. No very effective, but she loves it so much.
I can't refuse this face.
1 comment:
That little Vy is adorable. I can't believe I haven't met her yet. And I adore the hammock photo. That's really neat if you have multiple pictures of a similar pose...keep taking them! I can imagine they will become valuable to you in later years!
Post a Comment