Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November and Vyla Turns Two

 November was pretty uneventful, for the most part. Having a newborn has slowed us down in some ways, and I'm grateful for that. Here's a few random moments from our past month.
Vyla took a flying leap off her brother's bed and into an open dresser drawer. She had quite a bruise on her eye and forehead for a few days.
 Hinder did some work for me and earned a trip to the bowling alley a few weekends ago. This was the first time we've been bowling in New England and we learned it's not the same. Instead of the curvaceous pins and large balls, this alley sported skinny matchstick pins and little balls without finger holes, just the size of a grapefruit. It was pleasantly perfect for little kids. They could hoist the balls without any help. I think Hinder even ended up beating Riley's score.
 
 Ledger is growing and getting humongous. I can't believe he's only 8 weeks. He's getting more smiley and expressive, and likes to be talked to and 'talk' back. He's an inconsistent sleeper at night, but a  pretty chill baby overall.  He has constant entertainment watching and listening to his two rowdy sibs.
Here he is around 7 weeks


 Five weeks ready for church
 And we finally got a picture with our entire family together. This was taken right behind our house at Prouts Neck.

 On the 27th of November, Miss vivacious Vyla turned 2! We celebrated first thing in the morning because we had a busy day and I had to work that evening. She was spoiled with many gifts from aunties, cousins, and grandmas.
 Riley did the balloons. The lack of coordination or patterns had my type A self twitching, but it was so nice of him to take care of it so I didn't dare 'fix' it. 
 I thought this was a good year for Vyla to get a new baby and stroller, along with other baby doll accessories. She's always wanting to help with Ledger these days.
 Riley even fashioned a balloon hat and sword for the kids to find at breakfast that morning. Fun dad!
 The only thing Vyla ever asked for was a birthday cake. So a few days before her birthday, she and I looked through pinterest at some different cakes. She was less enthused about the princess and My Little Pony cakes and searched, but her eyes lit up when I showed her this Ninjago cake. She loves watching this show with Hinder. I love her.
(This was my first attempt at working with fondant...Not as easy as Cake Boss makes it look!)
 We're so so grateful for the spunk and laughter that Vy Leigh adds to our family. 
Happy Two Years, Sweet pea!

No comments: