Another month has sped by, but not without being jam packed. Ledger officially turned 7 months on the 6th, and he growing everyday. He has 6 teeth already! My goodness! It's constantly slobbering all over everything, but I can't complain because he's taking this teething business like a champ. This chubby bunny is a total gem and we all love to cuddle on him.
Mother's Day was a homerun. Riley made it his goal that I get a total day off. It was divine. After church, Riley made me brunch, including crepes. Who knew this guy can make crepes?! He's kept that secret hidden for 8 years! His with sprinkles, mine with berries. :)
He let me take a nap as long as I wanted right afterward. I can't remember why I took this selfie, but I'm smiling so big because I was about to nap, all alone, undisturbed. Glorious!
It was a beautiful spring day and we spent the late afternoon watching the kids play outside and enjoyed the view.

He even made dinner and gave me a foot run at the end of the day. I felt spoiled. Mother's Day is pretty great. Thanks family!
Riley finished his second year of school and we've had two weeks to fit in everything we need to do before the big roadtrip. We thought there would be a lot of downtime, but we were wrong! We've been cleaning, packing, moving, and taking care of all the odds and ends each day. We have managed to fit in a few peaceful and fun moments.
The kids went to the neighbor boys birthday party. It was superhero themed and so fun and over the top. My sweet neighbors is one of those women that I constantly ask myself "how does she do it all???" I love her. Thanks for making your son's birthday a special event for everyone!
Hinder having fun with a balloon and Sharpie. I just loved the teeth he drew. hahaha! Funny boy!
After all the toys were packed, the kids had to find new fun. They spent one rainy day in these packing totes, which they called boats. Simple fun rules.
Riley's taught Hinder to play chess. He takes it real serious.:)
One set of our great Portland missionaries.
Memorial Day weekend, Aunt Gretchin surprised us with a visit. She showed up in the morning to play for a couple of hours. It was so fun. We showed her the bird sanctuary and then went to lunch at Chicago Dogs, a hot dog joint we've heard a lot about. And then we showed her Lenny the moose. Tourist season has started in Maine, so we enjoyed the Len Libby icecream and sunshine, in between spurts of spring showers.
As for the summer, all of our things are packed in storage and we're scrubbing the last nooks and crannys of our house. The day after tomorrow we're headed around the country on a road trip adventure! We have a lot to look forward to, but it is going to be difficult to leave this place that we've grown so attatched to.
It's been such an amazing wonderland for the children to play and explore, a PERFECT place to welcome a new baby, and a safe and serene environment to play single mom for 9 months during the school year. We feel so blessed and just plain lucky to have called this home.
Good bye, Prouts Neck! See you in the fall!



















No comments:
Post a Comment