Wednesday, April 8, 2015

101 Things in 1001 Days: Second Round Update

I'm almost done with my second round on 101 in 1001. For the original challenge details go here.
So far I'm doing better than last time, but still probably a few off from achieving the full 101. My official Day 1001 is June 29th, so I still have some time.
My stats as of today:
Completed: 71
In Progress: 18
Not Started: 12

 Having my dreams on paper, on a list, and a deadline attached to those dreams helps me immensely. I can see accomplishment and progress.
Of course, I'm not perfect and I procrastinate. But I can't help but feel that setting goals and working to achieve them has brought me just a little closer to who I want to be. 1001 days closer.
Some of the goals I've achieved in the last month are fun or silly or of seemingly little consequence. Like...
27. Make a homemade Father's Day gift
30. Have Peter Pan themed costumes for the entire family on Halloween
31. Cook every recipe in one cookbook. 
46. Visit 15 new states in the USA.
92. Get a library card.
99. Watch 25 different documentaries about subjects I have no previous knowledge. 
101. Eat one of Grandma Killian's famous pear turnovers

And some goals are more big and challenging. They're the goals that help me form habits and move our family forward.
Like...
12. Learn how to family search index and complete 500 names. 
14. Go three months straight without missing a weekly f.h.e.
15. Have another child.
17. Journal everyday for a year. 
69. Join a gym and start a workout routine. 
72. No complaining about anything for one week. (I can't even tell you how many weeks I needed to finally accomplish this one!) 
98. Create a family budget and live within the budget for 3 consecutive months. 

And many of my goals fall in this in between zone. Not necessarily silly, but not essential. More bucket list experiences that I just HAD to do.
Like...
43. See Boston in the Fall. 
49. See Palmyra and the Sacred Grove.
55. Plan and do a cross country road trip.
61. Have professional photos taken of Riley and I. 
124. Ride a train.
126. Watch the sunrise on the beach.
127. See a professional ballet. 

Isn't life so wonderful!? :)


No comments: