When my friend Jennie suggested a girl's trip with myself and Ashley to Quebec City, I jumped at the chance. It was a whirlwind weekend, two long bus rides and only one real day in the city, but it was SO beautiful and worth every minute. If you're a mom, you know how a bus ride sans kids becomes a vacation in itself.
Quebec City is dripping with European feel. Everyone spoke French, we had to exchange our currency, the food was even a little different. The architecture was exquisite. Every door and store front was unique and picturesque.
The Cathedral- Basicilica of Notre Dam de Quebec was one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen. There was gold leafing and stained glass on every surface. Jennie is a Catholic, so it was so interesting to have her there to explain and point out all the details of the cathedral.
And the food! Oh my goodness, the food! All of my crepe, omelet, patisserie hand-crafted French chocolate dreams came true.
And a little poutine too, just to keep it Canadian.
Perusing Old Quebec with these ladies was so much fun! We walked all day and stopped in to every church, shop, or library that looked interesting.
Regrets- The Parliament building was closed. We were so bummed about that because the outside was gorgeous. Also, I wish I knew any French. The few phrases left in my brain from French 1 as a high school freshmen did not come in handy.
But other than that, it was a pretty perfect weekend. Just look at this city!
A repeat trip might be in our future!
Thanks Jennie and Ashley, and of course, Riley for shouldering my load for the weekend so I could go play.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment