Thursday, April 29, 2010

Four Years Later


We were so blissfully unaware of what would await us...
"Can you believe it's already been four years?!" I hear this type of comment a lot. If you've been married for any amount of time, chances are you've heard it too.
I CAN believe it. For me, this picture might as well have been taken twenty-five years ago, rather than four. Sometimes I mean that in a good way, sometimes in a bad, other times it just IS. Because this union has encompassed my entire life. To think back to before Riley Hurst is a foggy memory. Marriage is funny that way.
I could type how much I love Riley and how I don't know where I would be without him, but that's all been said many times before. My feelings about my best friend can be summarized pretty well by The Smiths.
" And if a double decker bus crashes into us, To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die. And if a ten ton truck kills the both of us, To die by your side..well the pleasure, the privilege, is mine."

4 comments:

The Boyce's said...

FOUR years??? Wow! That's awesome! Happy Anniversary!

P.S. That's a cute little boy you've got there! :)

Katy said...

Beautiful picture, you're a gorgeous bride!!!

Happy Anniversary... you guys are the best. Glad you're married. And have a kid. And live by us.


never leave.... (said in creepy little kid voice)

Tina Braegger said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a great day! I love the quote..perfect!!

Livi said...

what a beautiful picture!