So we made it to my parents' home in rural eastern Washington. I love the country. I love the small town feel. And waving at everyone. Here's what we have been up to...
Hinder made fast friends with my lil (and most adorable) sister, Dakota. He's pretty much a sucker with anyone who will share their basketball.
We made awesome time! We arrived by 1:30, which left plenty of sunshine and time to play Friday afternoon.
Monday, March 29th, was Dallas' 12th birthday. Happy birthday, little brother! We all piled in the family van and drove to his favorite restaurant. Old Country Buffet. We fondly refer to it as OCB.
Here are Dakota and Hinder discussing their plan of attack...."first the salad bar, then we'll move in for first dessert, followed by a hefty serving of macaroni and cheese..."
Seriously, this is the most chill 12 year old boy in the world. And I'm completely unbiased. Let's just say there aren't many 12 year old pre-teen boys that I could have a conversation with and not want to pummel my own face the entire time. But I could talk to Dallas for hours. He's just so funny!

The next day Dakota joined Hinder and I for a little walking tour of the town to visit a few favorite architectural gems.
Here we are at the old train depot museum.

Fun fact for ya: when I was in high school I helped clean this colorful caboose. It will forever bring memories of dirt and grime.

Carnegie Library. I remember ditching school during 7th period to go to the library. Yeah, I was pretty rebellious.

Here's a classic example of a Ritzville home. Every house here has so much charm and personality. And they are all so distinct.

Hinder has been having the time of his life running around the big, green yard and playing with the doggie, Lucy.

Trying out new recipes on my unsuspecting family members is one of my favorite things to do while I visit. This Velveeta broccoli soup was a hit.
Last night, the mutual girls organized a little Easter egg hunt for the primary children. Hinder was delighted to find an egg. He clutched his miniature snickers bar in his greedy fist for the rest of the hunt.














2 comments:
Yay!!! You made it there in one piece and now (as i type this) you're back!!!
Love the town and your parent's home... picturesque!
and I totally love the photo of Dakota's cheesy grin!! she's too cute for words!!!!
i cannot wait to see everyone!! so excited to play
What's the occasion for the reunion? Looks like you are having fun!
Post a Comment