Another trip completed.
Riley, Hinder, and I just spent the last week hard at play . It was D'laney's final days before she left on her 18 month mission to Bulgaria. I'll have to post about our Lake Wenatchee adventures soon, but right now I'm just thinking about my sister.
The parents, sister Devon, D'laney and I went to her setting apart.
Her first pictures as an official Latter-day Saint missionary!
Her stake president gave the most beautiful blessing. My testimony of the purpose of missionary work and the truthfulness of God and His restored church was strengthened.
Her last night in Washington we played her favorite board game (Scategories) and ate some of her favorite junk (chocolate milk, sour straws, and Funyuns). It was perfect.
This morning, the family loaded up and drove down to the Spokane airport to see her off. All of the sibs were there, with the exception of our oldest brother. Her flight left at 6:30, we left my parent's house at 4:40 to travel to the airport....
But she was actually bumped to the later flight at 10. With a few extra hours, we went to breakfast and said a nice good bye before heading back to Idaho.
Hinder loved everything about the airport. He kept asking if he could "go too on D'laney's airplane". Even though he's only 18-months, I can tell he's going to genuinely miss her.
And I will too. A Lot. This girl is not only my sister, she's my best friend. She GETS me as no other person does, and I like to think I get her too. She's the type of friend that with one word we can have an entire conversation. Or share silly jokes. Or vent frusterations. And reminsinse.
So, I guess, simply put, I'm sad today.
And I'll let myself be sad just today. Because I know that starting tomorrow I'll be nothing but happy for her. Her life could be spent in no better way right now. Plus, she's totally cut out to be a missionary. The people of Bulgaria are lucky to have her and she's lucky to have them.
Good luck, Sister Killian! We love you!!
See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment