Thursday, March 3, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days: Update

Lazy. That was me at the end of 2010. I totally ignored my 101 goals and ate too much holiday pies instead. So when 2011 rolled around, I resolved to get serious about accomplishing some of the items on my list.

Nothing motivates this girl like a list. Nothing.

Here's what I've been up to this year, so far...

#10. Have a photo shoot done by Mallory. (1/30)

We've been trying to get this done since Hinder was in utero. I'm so glad we finally buckled down and got it done.

#45. Make homemade Valentine cards. (2/8)

Thank goodness for the cricut my mom-in-law got me, because I would have carpal tunnel right now if I attempted to cut all of that out by hand.

#47. Paint a picture on canvas. (2/11)

A first attempt at painting.
We're getting ready for painting session #2 this weekend. Watercolors this time! I'm beside myself with excitement.

53. Go one month without candy, cookies, cake, ice cream, or anything else delicious. (Jan 2011)

Being a hardcore sugar addict, this was a tough one. My poor husband suffered the brunt of my withdrawls. Cranky. And maybe a little verbally abusive.
69. Eat at the Idaho Falls temple cafeteria. (2/26)

Glorious prime rib. Need I say more?

74.Experience a horse drawn carriage ride. (1/29)

I got lucky on this one. They had these free rides going on in the park by our house one random afternoon. Hinder insisted we ride four times, and I didn't object.

94. Finish the State Quarter collection.(2/19)



I have been working on this silly collection since 1998. 1998! That's more than a few years. And for he past 3 years, the only quarter missing was Hawaii. Finally, we broke down, traded in a ten dollar bill for a roll of quarters, and found the darn thing.
It's nice to have that monkey off my back.
So far so good for 2011.

3 comments:

Paloma said...

Way to go on saying bye bye to sweets for a whole month! WOW!! & here I was soooo proud of myself for going two weeks with no sugar.

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

AH!! I love Idaho Falls temple Prime Rib with scones.

Mallory said...

YAY. Yay for lists and photo-shoots with the favorite sister. ;)
Nice job. Excellent work.
And BEAUTIFUL painting by the way. Holy dear Des, that is impressive. Can't wait to see the watercolor. Hey, if you have pics of Riley's paintings, he tried to text them but I can't get picture texts.. boo!