Last Wednesday we became a little more acquainted with the newest member of our family. We saw this little one and learned that he is in fact a boy! We're excited to meet him in the fall, and I'm more than excited to be done being pregnant. As grateful as I am to have a healthy, thriving baby, I hate pregnancy. Period.
The rest of our week of family fun turned out pretty great. One of the best things was having a morning together with Riley. Hinder and Vyla played at a friend's house while we explored Spring Point park and the Willard Beach area. Riley and I talked and walked without interruption. We ate pastries from Scratch Bakery and had lunch together. It was bliss.
We couldn't have planned for better weather. Casco Bay really is very beautiful.
Friday was a little more windy, but we still got outside for a bit and had a picnic at the Eastern Promenade. The kids love anything involving a grassy area and a picnic basket. Hinder ran up and down the steep hill and Vyla tried her best to follow him. I think I'll miss this stage when they are so pleased by the smallest things. It's not going to last forever.
Later that evening, Riley and I took the kids individually on a date. Riley and Vyla had dad/daughter time at home and I took Hinder to a movie. "The Croods". Sitting through that movie proves my love for my son. It was just silly and ridiculous, but I laughed when Hinder laughed and answered all his many questions afterward. "Why did they walk on the clouds?", "Did giant green cats really exist", "Why was the world cracking up?", "Why was that girl immodest?"
Saturday was just packed. We took the kids to the train museum and train ride around the bay. We had attempted to do this Friday, but an elementary school group had reserved the entire day, so our plans shifted. It made the day a little helter-skelter. Right after our train tour, we
hoped in the car and drove to Boston to make it to the temple.
On another note, H has recently decided that making a stink face in every photo...at the last minute...is the most hilarious thing on earth. Honestly, I think I do too.
V even enjoyed the train museum much more than I anticipated. The playhouse/train was a major hit.
Whew, it was a busy week! I'm glad we put forth the effort, because these weeks don't come often.
Riley starts his first day at the pharmacy tomorrow! Here we go again. :)









1 comment:
yay!! Congrats on baby #3! That is awesome news!!
Post a Comment