Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Stuff

We got back to Portland at the end of August, and I can't believe it's only been a month. It's been such a busy few weeks staying with the Ernshaws, moving into our rental house, starting school, and getting back into the swing of school life. Throughout it all, we did manage a few trips to the beach before the weather is too cold to enjoy it. We're trying to soak in as much Maine fun as our time here is dwindling!
Our favorite beach, that happens to be just a short walk from our front door, is Scarborough beach. It's long and has great sand and when we hit it at the right time in the evening, we usually have it all to ourselves.

Riley's last day of summer (and probably his last "summer break" of his life) we spent at Kettle Cove in Cape Elizabeth. It was still warm enough for the kids to enjoy the water.

Walking the Ernshaws dog, Gretchin. They live right on the coast, and Vyla grew attached to Gretchin and I grew attached to the awesome paths they have around their house. 

My sweet little pal, Ledger. He turned 11 months in September and now his birthday is just right around the corner. I can't believe how fast he's grown into a toddler.
 We took the kiddos apple picking at our favorite orchard with a group of friends. The older boys started an apple war, much to the moms dismay, and this guy tried to join in. He had a ball picking up fallen apples and munching on them.
 Vyla and I one afternoon at Westpoint Beach, gathering seashells. With Hinder in school now, she's my bud during the day. I love it.
 Kids monkeying around at the playground! Although I LOVE the fall, I'm definitely going to miss the nice days and getting outside so much.
 The biggest highlight of September is being back at Prouts Neck and enjoying many relaxing afternoons with the kids on the lawn. It's such a beautiful place, we feel so blessed to be here for a short time more.


No comments: