Monday, September 22, 2014

First Day of School

 Back to School season has come and gone for these boys. 
H is a grown up kindergartner now!
 I took him back to school shopping, just he and I. I loved this day. He was so agreeable and excited about every purchase, from t-shirts, to his new sneakers, and even his pack of new socks. Oh, to be five and so easily excited! He was so ready for his first day of school that he went easily to sleep and woke up 2 hours early to be sure he had enough time to get ready. H even reminded me to read the Book of Mormon with the family that morning. Love this kiddo! Now that he's almost 3 weeks into the school year, some of the novelty has faded, but he still loves his teacher and is making new friends every day. Each day he comes home and uses a new phrase or explains a new concept that he learned that day, and I love to see him growing and learning.
 This guy started another year of school. (and hopefully his last, at least in a formal classroom!) With two years of pharmacy school in the books, he just has one more year of book learnin' before he starts his rotation year. I.CANT.WAIT. This single parenting thing is getting old. And after the lovely summer we had, it's hard to get back into the groove of not seeing each other and dealing with the daily grind of family life by myself.
That being said, Ri works hard and does what it takes to get all his studying done and those good grades...it's all a means to an end! And that end is approaching closer each day. Woo hoo! 

No comments: