Thursday, March 25, 2010

Weekly Dos and Don'ts

Do go to the temple more often. Riley and I snuck away (thanks to our eternal lifesaver, D'laney) last night to our beautiful Rexburg temple. It always amazes me how peaceful and calm it feels within those walls. I'm shamed to think how often we haven't made serving in this sacred place a priority. We're going to be better.

Do giggle every time Hinder finds a new place to make his bed. Our little nugget finds any nook or cranny to snuggle with "blankt" and "baba" (blanket and bottle). Jealousy overcomes me when I think of how his miniature size makes for such a cozy lifestyle.

Don't be surprised when a tantrum ensues at the suggestion of getting out of the homemade bed. Or at least a little eye-rolling.

Do get all cosmetic services done by D'laney Killian. She's a master with a flat iron, bobby pins, and that awesome hair-wax-crayon to smooth fly aways. The day she moves away (a.k.a. frees herself from The Hursts) will be one of a saddest of my adult life.

Up-Do!
D'laney was involved in an up do contest at her cosmetology school earlier today. It was my privilege to be her model. Can I just lament for a moment that I wasn't born in the 1920's when finger waved bobs where all the rave?!

Don't envy my 8-hour drive....just me and the babe...all alone on the open road. This undertaking commences at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow. So that I don't become comatose with fear, I choose to just meditate on fun times awaiting my arrival. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Katy said...

That pic of D'laney is super duper cute! I totally love the fingerwaves too-- you look like a steamy cha-cha dancin' bonita seniorita (spell check completely lit up this entire comment)

Pictures and blogs about home!!! Tell the fam HI for us. Oh and Ava keeps asking to "Pway Hinner?"