Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude

This month, in honor of Thanksgiving, I'm going to challenge myself to post about the little things in my life that I'm grateful for. So each day until Thanksgiving, I'll post something that makes me smile, or is a tender mercy. All in all, I want to have an attitude of gratitude this month. So here it goes...

Today I'm especially grateful for my sweet husband's ability to be a terrific friend. Here's a picture of him and his life-long bud, Erik. They could be brothers, right?!
Riley is a world-class friend. He maintains relationships with his childhood, high school, and college friends like no one I have ever met. And it does it with such ease and comfort.
Now, this isn't one of my talents. I WANT to be better at maintaining contact with all the people I've come to love throughout my life. But alas, I fall short. So I'm counting it as a special mercy that get to live my life with Riley, who definitely makes up for my short-comings in this area.
Thanks, darlin!

No comments: