Today I'm grateful for trials in life. Let me rephrase. I'm CHOOSING to be grateful about trials in life. Ya know what I mean...daily hurdles, hoops to jump through, crosses to bear.... it's the pits. I figure if I didn't have them, then I'd never get to learn patience and self-control. We all have a nice list of uglies in our lives.
As of late, mine looks a little like this:
1. The sassy, nearly 2-year old that has perfected the stink eye. To clarify, I love the 2-year old...struggle with the stink eye.
2. Diapers. Will it ever end?
3. Holiday goodies. Pumpkin pies, chocolate oranges, puddings, cake, cookies...oh help me...
4. Getting up early to go to the gym. I'd rather just sleep.
5. Hinder's naps are just getting shorter and shorter. Which leads back to #1....
6. My Scentsy's broken. boo hoo. It really helped with the diaper problem.
7. Maybe I should just potty-train the boy.
8. But wouldn't that just cause another trial?
9. I'm envisioning all the sass and drama that "potty" will cause
10. I'm stressing just thinking about cleaning up "accidents"
11. Maybe I should get a snickers cake at Albertsons to cope with the stress..
12. But then I'd have to go to the gym...
Oh bother.
I guess I have a long way on this grateful business...

No comments:
Post a Comment