Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Great Pie Experiment

I love pies. I might even say I'm counting pie as a tender mercy placed on this earth just for my pleasure. That's how much I adore this dessert.
As a result, at the beginning of November, I decided that I would try out a few of the new pie recipes that I've been clipping from magazines and hoarding. It's been a splendid few weeks. The first week, I made this beauty.
Blackberry swirl pie from Better Homes and Gardens. AMAZING. I even used Stevia instead of the full amount of sugar, and it was still exquisite.
This is Family Fun's chocolate chess pie. I haven't tried it yet, but I will be bringing it to my in-laws for the holiday. Riley chose this one over the cranberry chocolate nut pie that I was rooting for. He's surprisingly picky when it comes to sweets.


Paula Deens pumpkin pie. A season must-have in our home.


Peach Blueberry is on the menu for tonight. I'm hoping it's a colorful as the picture makes it. And I love peach and blueberries, so how can it not be, right?

1 comment:

Laurel Criddle said...

I too share your love for pie! They all look incredible. I have a fantastic recipe for peach raspberry pie and its to.die.for!