
An early spring sounds mighty good to me! This winter, January in particular, has been draggggingg on and on and on. Our little family has had it's fair share of struggles in the past few weeks. I'm going to take it as a personal sign from the heavens that Mr. Groundhog didn't spot his shadow, and by extension, the shadows of our winter are also long gone!
And here in the dadgum arctic tundra where we reside, we need these kinds of superstitions to ease the pain of 7 foot snow piles on the porch and the weather forecasts that never even reach 5 degrees.
To keep sane during these long winter months, I have been...
- Looking forward to weekly emails from my baby sis. If I start feeling sorry for myself, I can just read her email and be thankful that I'm not warding off begging gypsies in a foreign country. Plus, she's just dang funny and I always can use the laugh on a Monday morn.
- Playing the odd round of Skip-Bo and always winning. (little does Riley know that I was trained by my sweet Grammy on how to be a Skip-Bo champ. Shhh...don't tell. This is the one thing I can beat him at)
- Watching old classic movies on Netflix. Nothing can bring a smile like Celia Johnson in A Brief Encounter or Doris Day's puffy hair.
- Hearty winter soup recipes. Lorie's famous taco soup, my mother's chicken noodle that is impossible to dulpicate to perfection, and cheesy potato chowder. Mmmmm.
- And eventually, we always end the day by cuddling in bed at an embarrassingly early hour, drinking Tang from our crystal stemware.
As you can see, we're a little short on ideas for how to pass the time while trying not to freeze. Any ideas would be very appreciated. Hinder is begging you.
No comments:
Post a Comment