1. When I was in second grade my mom made this little jumper for me. I imagined she fashioned it from old curtains. In my mind, my childhood was very much like "The Sound of Music".
2. Guess what?! In a fit of stupidity, I signed up for a half marathon about 2-3 months ago. And then I forgot about training for it. (more like chose to forget) The dadgum race is in 4 weeks and so far, no good. I'm going to die. What can I say? I'd rather sit on the couch eating bon bons and catching up on Real Housewives of New Jersey.
3. There are about 5 loads of laundry, plus all the bedding, that I need to launder today. The smell has accosted my senses long enough... Side note: I've come to the conclusion that 85% of being a housewife/stay-at-home mom is odor-control. The cleaning, the laundry, the diapering, the bathing, the dishes...all in an effort to hide the fact that malodorous slobs live here. So to save time, I've started burning a fresh linen Scentsy and figure it has the same effect (affect?).
4. My niece and nephew live too far away. Boo hooo!!! Hinder misses Pierce and Livi and I miss having the perfect playmates around. The holidays are too long to wait to see their cute faces.
5. Speaking of H, he won't wear pants these days. Not for more than 3 hours at a time. By the time we get home from church, he's in a frenzy to get his slacks off. It's weird. They say it's a phase. That he'll grow out of it. That he's a free spirit. I sure hope so, or else he's going to have serious trouble making friends in kindergarten.
6. Just in case not training for this run isn't bad enough, I've been eating like a maniac. Before this past few days, diabetes might have been a question mark in my future. Now it's for certain. Domino's pizza, a box of Famous Amos cookies, a personal apple pie (a.k.a. lard bar), brownies, popsicle, Costa Vida....heaven help me.
7. I feel guilty about my indulgences, so I'm thawing salmon for dinner. Maybe we'll have rice and broccoli with it. And a pudding pie....a la mode.
8. In the time I've spent typing this rambling post, the laundry is ready to be switched, a diaper ripe for the changin, and H has his pants off...again. Oh yeah, and it's time for my mid-morning snack. Somethings will never change.


2 comments:
THIS is why we go together like.... Nerds and Ropes!!!!!! I Get you. And I'm pretty sure you Get me :)
ps. i absolutely love your curtain jumper... it looks almost exactly like the one I got from The Burlington Coat Factory back in the day. Twinners rule.
I totally remember that jumper! So cute!
Post a Comment