This October has been calm and easy-going when it came to Halloween festivities. In years past, we've overdone it with parties and crafts, etc. The great thing is that the kiddos are just young enough to appreciate any holiday fun and don't feel the least bit bad that we missed actually carving a pumpkin or bobbing for apples.
Weeks before Halloween, we decorated spooky gingerbread houses and watched Hocus Pocus with Aunt Davi.

And the kids were so lucky to get a fun Halloween package from their far-away cousins, full of fun trinkets and treats. Nothing makes them more happy than receiving something in the mail!

The church Halloween party never disappoints, and it gave Riley and I a chance to get a little dressed up as well. We decided to go for the old-fashioned, classic, what-really-scares-you Halloween costumes this year. Hinder was a vampire, Vyla a bumblebee (who doesn't get a little nervous around bees?!) , and I was a (last minute) witch.
While trying to take her picture, I asked her to show me her antennas and this is what I got...

This chubby baby donned a skeleton costume.
And Riley was the scariest thing imaginable in our lives right now....
a Failed Pharmacology Test!

We thought it was pretty clever. Pharmacist humor...haha No one else really got it.
(thank you, Phineas and Ferb for the idea)
H and V painted pumpkins the night before and had a lot of fun.
I'm still finding smudges of blue paint.

And here they are on the big night!
Dad came home for a couple of hours to watch them trick-or-treat around outside. The weather wasn't so lovely, but these troopers went knocking door to door through the rain to earn their spoils.
No comments:
Post a Comment