Saturday, September 6, 2014

More Pictures from Boise

After uploading all my phone pictures from our trip onto the computer, I stumbled on a few great pictures of our time in Boise. It brings back lovely memories of this summer.
Riley and the kids playing at the Boise MK Nature Center where I took one of my summer classes. 
 
We lucked out and just happened to be in Meridian at the same time as my cousin Kiya and her three cute girls. The newest, little Lennix Sophia, was only 2 weeks when we got to meet her. It was so great catching up with my childhood best friend/cousin. 
 
Like the beautiful hike to the mountain lily pad pond. Hinder, Vyla, Sidnee, Ainslee, JJ, and I were the only ones who went and I'm so glad we did. Hinder was so eager to do it and led the way. Being in the the mountains is wonderful.
Boise was hot, hot, hot the whole time we were visiting. Thank goodness for backyard baby pools to keep these diapered littles cool. Thanks for sharing your stuff Charlee and Bear!
The whole Hurst family on the pontoon boat! These people know how to do Red Fish!
 Conquering my phobia of the butterfly exhibit. You know those horrible places where you go in the zoo and you can walk among the butterflies? I hate those. Riley always gives me a hard time about whenever we visit a zoo , so when my class toured Zoo Boise, I went through and got a picture to prove to Riley that I did it. That explains the hesitant expression on my face. I bolted as soon as the photo op was over.
Oh Vyla! Her curls just about disappeared in the arid Idaho heat and were replaced with this... :)
 Two words. Albert Einstein.
Shoshone Falls. I missed this day because I had to be in a class, so I'm so glad to have the pictures to show me the day I missed. What a hidden gem!
Trampoline fun with the Murrays! Thanks to the Murray family for basically adopting us as part of the family for the month of July.
And Hinder's big leap! His first leap into a lake. I'm sure there are many more in the future. 
No fear here.
Looking back at the summer and all the trouble everyone went to show us a good time, we're even more convinced that we are part of the two greatest families. :) We love you guys. Thanks a million!
 Next stop...Rexburg...
But first, we stopped for lunch with Great Grandma and Grandpa Hurst in Twin Falls. I'm so glad these kids got to meet their Hurst great grandparents!
 (Hinder found different ways to stay occupied during the many hours in the van. Funny boy!)

1 comment:

Katy said...

I didn't know that about your fear of butterflies! I looked it up, it's called lepidopterophobia! (You got some great photos of your time in Boise!)