Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Preschool Weeks 3-5

 Home school preschool has become one of my favorite things this summer! Here's what we've done the past three weeks

Week 3 was Occupation/Transportation themed. I blogged a bit about this before, but we finished up the week with some fun activities. Hinder loved this theme. There are so many good children's book about trucks, rockets, etc!
 This little train art project was a keeper. His cute little picture made it special.
 Throughout the week we made a point to witness different people doing their jobs. Like watching the garbage man, going to the post office, grocery store checkout, etc. He made this little book about what he wants to be when he grows up.
 He chose the occupations himself. This first one is an paleontologist. He has a some sort of digging tool in his hand and that two legged creature next to him is a dinosaur. So cute!
 His second choice was fireman. I think Uncle Stephen has something to do with this! I like the 'hat' and burning building in the background.
Week 4 was all about the Ocean. We really live in a perfect place to explore oceans! Our favorite actvities were making a tin foil ocean and little boat for H to play in, and a fun apple octopus snack. 
 

 The art project this week was a squid made with googley eyes and streamers. He was so proud.
 This fun snack was something I will definitely do again! Blue jello with swedish fish is the ocean, a half pear for the boat, stick pretzel and slice of triangle shaped cheese for the sail. Anyway to get this kid to eat fruit, and I'm on board!
 Week 5 was about Homes and Families. We had to squish this week into 3 days, so I didn't get many pictures. We made a family tree, talked about how different families and homes look, and learned about different animal homes.
When I gave this letter H page to Hinder he was supposed to make it into a house. He made it into a motorhome complete with a driver, steering wheel, and wheels. Hahaha...I love this kid and how his crazy brain works!

No comments: