Last week was so crazy and busy, I was relieved when Friday came and we had some fun family plans. We started at the Deering Oaks wading pool. Riley was able to be with us, and we had some good conversation while the kids splashed around with some friends.
The kids had a few mornings alone with dad while I worked or attended meetings. I came home one day to find this sweet girl dressed head to toe in pink. Dad's doing.
The culminating event was going to the local drive in theater to see Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University back-to-back. We thought it would be the perfect activity for these kids.... but it felt like a chaotic disaster. The mosquitoes were out in swarms, forcing us to stay in our small compact car for the entire time. Our automatic lights made it impossible to keep the car radio on to hear. The popcorn we ordered never came, and Vyla never fell asleep but instead spent the entire time crawling over the seats and my pregnant belly. We called it a night early. Riley and I agreed it was an idea best left in theory, and I vowed to never fool myself into taking two littles to a drive-in movie again.
But then Hinder leaned over to me and said with a sigh, "Ahhh..this was my most favorite night ever..."
It didn't seem such a disaster after that.
Sometimes it is refreshing to look at life through a child's perspective.

1 comment:
So cute!! We love the drive in but the mosquitos ruin it most the time. Your boy is so sweet!
Post a Comment