Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Perfect Day

Day 14: Something You Don't Leave the House Without


Answer= a diaper. I've had too many embarrassing experiences when I didn't have a diaper handy. Now there is always one tucked in the dark caverns of my purse.


Yesterday was a near-perfect day. First, we started off by getting our Bountiful Basket. It was the best basket yet. Meaning, I didn't have to google what any of the vegetables were. And this time,the mangoes are delicious!


Riley had the day off, so we traveled to Idaho Falls where we spent the entire day playing. First, we saw our cousin play in a rugby game, and then we had a ball discovering a new park.

But the BEST part of the day was going to our little local zoo.

The other day, he leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "Mom, I have a secret. I really want to go to the petting zoo." Luckily, the zoo opened this weekend and we could make his little wish happen. He was in heaven gazing at all the animals.







We rounded off the day having a blustery picnic dinner with our besties. After running H ragged all day, he was ready to curl up with blankie and fall asleep. As he was brushing his teeth, I asked him what his favorite part of the zoo was. Not the tigers, lions, or penguins.

Instead, "Feedin' the goats!"

1 comment:

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

That's a cool zoo, is it in I.F.? We went to Seattle and never saw a zebra! Lucky. He's too cute. It reminds me of riding an elephant with Maddie at the Grant County fair and once we were off forked over the cash, Maddie kept asking to ride the ponies.