Sunday, June 13, 2010

Christ Through the Eyes of Carl Bloch

The King's Pew in Frederiksborg Castle houses the original Carl Bloch painting of Christ. Seeing these pieces of art was definitively a major highlight of our trip.
I have no doubt this man was inspired to paint Christ and the events of his life.
While looking at Bloch's work, my testimony was reaffirmed of the reality of Christ and His mission. Not to mention how beautiful they are...truly breathtaking.


The Prayer at Gethsemane was my favorite.

Christ suffers the little children to come to him










Christ in the temple at the age of 12



Absolutely heart wrenching to look at this picture. It depicts the mass infanticide that King Herod ordered in an attempt to kill the prophesied Christ. Can you imagine a mother's anguish at having her baby boy killed? Ugh..

The Crucifixion of Christ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sooo agree Des, he was a truly inspired painter. His depictions of Christ are some of my favorite! Amazing! Lorie

Katy said...

Amazing art. I recognize some of the pieces, that's cool they're by a Danish artist.